Kate Wax’s ‘Dust Collision’ is a bold collection of
dark, unconventional vocally-exhilarating electronic
post-pop underpinned by a minimal synth
· Swiss-born, half-Tibetan autocrat Kate Wax’s
second studio album (the follow up to 2006’s
‘Reflections Of A Dark Heat’ on Mental Groove) is a
self-produced affair, the idiosyncratic product of a
love affair between her synthesizers and the raw
unadulterated feminine power of her sopranotrained
voice, expanding to reveal her own rich
· Mixed by Kate Wax and electronic production
legend James Holden.
· Vinyl release includes digital download code.
· Press - Features in Dazed & Confused, Electronic Beats.
Reviews in Mojo, Uncut, Notion, Vice, Loud & Quiet,
· Radio - Amnesia Radio, Ibiza, Klubbers FM, XT3radio.nl.
· Online - Pitchfork, Klubbers, Spaceboss, Resident Advisor,
Shootv.com, Klinch.melkweg.nl, Warmer Climes.
· Club Promotion - DJ support from Simian Mobile Disco,
James Holden, Michael Mayer, Agoria, Radio Slave,
Martyn, Ame, Falty DL, James Lavelle, Damian Lazarus,
James Zabiela, John Talabot, Prins Thomas, Ewan
Pearson, Deetron, Walls, Craig Richards, Duke Dumont,
Kate Wax, Capracara, DJ Three, Ripperton, Harald Bjork,
Angel Molina, Casper C, Jorn Liefdeshuis.